Nominate a deserving child!
Do you know a child who deserves a birthday party? If you are a social worker or work in a school, religious center, or charitable organization and know a deserving child who cannot afford the luxury of celebrating their birthday, please nominate that child.
Since funds are limited, we restrict the number of birthday parties we fund per month. We will inform you as to whether your application was approved as soon as possible. Once approved, we will send you a to fill out.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A "STONE SOUP PARTY" CHILD MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- be 7-16 years old
- be a New York resident
- meet family income eligibility requirements established by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture for free or reduced-priced school lunch with proof of one of the following:
1. Letter on school letterhead verifying that the child qualifies for Federal USDA Free or Reduced Lunch Program
2. Award letter from: SSI, Food Stamps, or Medicaid with eligibility dates
3. Copy of Public Assistance Benefit Card
4. Application for 2012 USDA Free or Reduced Lunch signed by a parent/guardian and a reviewing official –i.e. school administrator